On 02/03/2016 02:57 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> It isn’t possible to change the paper size. Only TEXpage does
>> change the paper size.
>>
>> Could anyone confirm the bug?
>
> more a side effect (synchronizing all related settings can result in
> recursive calls)
>
> i'll add a poor mans sync but normally one will use
>
> \setuplayout (with or without arguments) because simply changing the
> papersize only has no use

Hans,

many thanks for your reply Pablo.

I’m afraid that dimensions seem not to be adapted:

    \definepapersize[main] [A4]          [A4]
    \definepapersize[extra][A4,landscape][A4,landscape]

    \definelayer[test][x=.5\paperwidth, y=.5\paperheight,state=repeat]
    \setlayer[test]{abcde}

    \setupbackgrounds[page][background={test}]

    \starttext
         \setuppapersize[main]
         Page 1. \page
         \setuppapersize[extra]\setuplayout