>> Pablo Rodriguez 16. Februar 2016 um 20:11
>> [...]
>> Well, I thought location would center the table. Before and after (with
>> \startalign) crash compilation. Aligning the whole table doesn’t seem to
>> make any difference. Sorry, but how can I center the table and not its
>> contents?
>
> Use
>
> \startlinealignment[middle]
> or
> \startplacetable[location={force,none}]

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

Only the second option works with the real table. The first one crashes
compilation.

>> The second issue is about rulethickness: would it be possible to specify
>> different dimensions for each frame (top, bottom, left, right)?
> Disable the normal frame and use a metapost background with
> different values for all borders.

MetaPost is unknown to me. How would it be with this minimal sample?

    \starttext
    \startxtable[bottomframe=on, topframe=on, rulethickness=2em]
    \startxrow
    \startxcell test \stopxcell
    \stopxrow
    \stopxtable