Am 10.04.2016 um 12:39 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
On 04/10/2016 11:45 AM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote:
[...]
I checked my version and it is the very same as yours.
Can you maybe give me the code that you tested, to create a matrix, so I
can copy paste and test it?
Because I entered a simple matrix again and still the finished pdf only
shows empty braces....
Hi Sebastian,

I copied and pasted your code adding \starttext...\stoptext:

     \starttext
     \startformula
     S=\left(\matrix{
       \sigma_x & \tau_{xy} & \tau_{xz} \cr
       \tau_{yx} & \sigma_y & \tau_{yz} \cr
         \tau_{zx} & \tau_{zy} & \sigma_z \cr
     }\right)_{xyz}
     \stopformula
     \stoptext

My guess is that the different results may be related to the OS.

I’m on Linux 32bit using luatex-0.90.0. As far as I know, Windows is
provided with luatex-0.95.0.

This might be the cause of the different results. But it is only my
guess. If this is the cause, you may have found a bug in luatex-0.95.0.

I hope it helps,

Pablo

A good point you've made there. I copied the code from above into a whole new document and compiled it. The result are *empty braces*. That's interesting. So you might be right on the LuaTeX version difference issue. Anyway, Wolfgang's way works as well so I am going to use that technique for now. But this shouldn't be left standing like this I think.

Greetings, Sebastian