Thanks, Hans!  This does solve the problem with the list of numbers.  And
actually if I add a numberstyle field, I can the section heads the way I
like.  Here is the setup that worked.  (I will update Wiki later.)

\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two]
\setupalign[r2l]

\def\LTR#1{{\lefttoright#1}}
\def\leftpersiandecimals#1{\LTR{\persiandecimals{#1}}}
\defineconversion[leftpersiandecimals][\leftpersiandecimals]
\setuphead[chapter,title,section,subject]
[conversion=leftpersiandecimals,numberstyle=\righttoleft]

\defineseparatorset[dashsep][-,-,-,-]
\setuphead[section][sectionseparatorset=dashsep]