On 5/25/2016 10:46 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Long time ago Hans asked me if we could switch to rsync from the MinGW
project rather than the one based on cygwin's dll. (Then we probably
both forgot about this.)

it's more that we never decided on a moment of switching ...

the updater should work with --mingw and hen we default to it we only need to change

local rsync_variant = "cygwin"

into

local rsync_variant = "mingw"

in mtx-update.lua

we could just try that (in the worst case we need to have a few attempts)