Hi,

I uploaded a new beta. This version has (experimental) support for color fonts. (not to be confused with 'coloring text in a font').

\definefontfeature[svg]    [default][svg=yes]
\definefontfeature[colored][default][colr=yes]

% \definefont[Emoj][file:emojionecolor-svginot.ttf*default,svg]
% \definefont[Emoj][file:seguiemj.ttf*default,colored]

\definesymbol[bug1][\getglyphdirect{file:emojionecolor-svginot.ttf*svg}{\char"1F41B}]
\definesymbol[bug2][\getglyphdirect{file:seguiemj.ttf*colored} {\char"1F41B}]

\startTEXpage [width=10em,align=middle,offset=1em]
    There are several kind of bugs, like \symbol [bug1] and \symbol [bug2],
    also in \CONTEXT !
\stopTEXpage

The colr features uses (if present) the overlay method (microsoft fonts have that) which is quite clean and efficient, while the svg one uses (when present) svg information from the font. Caching the later one will take some initial time (due to conversion, i might figure out something better) and needs inkscape installed.

Attached an example. I didn't look too extensively for a font, but on the agenda is turning the cowfont in a color one (maybe for the ctx meeting). At some point I might add overloading of colors (for the overlay variant).