I tried to use Aditya's suggestion (which was for Natural Tables) to
keep paragraphs on the same page:

  \noindent{\blank[samepage]}

but I don't seem to have much success with the MWE I posted earlier.

Try as a might, I cannot seem to keep the paragraph head "{\ss\tfc
English (Grade 12)}" and the hairline together.  I can, however, keep
the hairline and the following lorem text together, but I need all three
elements to float as a group:  the paragraph header, hairline, and
paragraph body.

Would anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Many thanks.

On 09Jun16, Pavneet Arora wrote:

> [...]

\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Latin Modern Roman]
\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Latin Modern Sans]
\definefontfamily[mainface][tt][Latin Modern Typewriter]
\definefontfamily[mainface][mm][Latin Modern Math]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,9pt]

% Set up default paragraph indenting and spacing.
\setupindenting[yes,
    medium,
    next]
\setupwhitespace[small]

% Set up paragraph environment for subject header.
\defineparagraphs
    [subjectpar][
        n=2,
        before={\blank[2*big]}]
\setupparagraphs
    [subjectpar]
        [1]
        [width=.3\textwidth]

\starttext
    \blank[8*big, force]
    \dorecurse{10}{
        \blank[2*big]
        \noindentation
        \startsubjectpar
        {\ss\tfc ENG4U}
        \subjectpar
        %% Need to keep the following together as a unit.
        {\ss\tfc English (Grade 12)}
        \stopsubjectpar
        \noindentation
        \vskip-2em\hairline
        \setupindenting[yes,
            medium,
            next]
        \dorecurse{1}{
        \input lorem.tex

        }
    }
\stoptext

<<<< MWE

--
Pavneet Arora           m: +1 (647) 406-6843
Waroc Informatik        t: +1 (416) 937-9276