Hi all,

I am working with a reasonably complex document structure, where I make heavy
use of the following constructs

\input (to import a number of source files)
\if and \newif (to switch between different paragraphs depending on some
conditions)
\setvariable and \getvariable (to reuse some text in different places)

So, does ConTeXt run some sort of pre-processing step that processes all of the
above and which results in an intermediate document that is then type-set? And
is it possible to only run this pre-processing step and get access to that
intermediate document?

I am asking as I have some Ruby scripts that take ConTeXt documents and convert
it to another format. However, those scripts do not deal with any of the above
and rather than implementing the necessary logic to deal with importing of
files, conditions and variables, I thought ConTeXt does that already if only I
could get access to the resulting intermediate file.

Does that makes sense?

Thank you,
Malte.

Malte Stien, PhD | Chief Technology Officer | SmartWard Pty Ltd
E: malte.st...@smartward.com.au | W: www.smartward.com.au
P: +61 (0)2 6251 1798 | M: +61 (0)413 928 895
-- Please consider the environment before printing this email --