On 9/1/2016 11:43 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Hi,

I am on El Capitan as well (10.11.6).

ConTeXt  ver: 2016.08.29 22:53 MKIV beta

Attached is an altered input file that works for me. No idea how much of the
problem
is actually related to El Capitan, but:

* \usemodule[graph] defines a special MP instance called ‘graph’. You need to
  use that because otherwise the metapost graph macros will not load (that is
why
  I added the “graph::” prefix twice)

* Something is wrong with the file closing, so I added an extra definition for
  'graph_close_file' (no idea why it does not work out of the box. Sorry to you
and Hans).

there are save's in mp-grap ... i'll remove them

Best wishes,
Taco