On Sat, 10 Sep 2016, Otared Kavian wrote:

Hi Hans,

Following up the previous bug report, I tried the latest version, ConTeXt  ver:
2016.09.09 08:21 MKIV beta, and noticed that you have solved one part of the
problem with the placement of equation numbers on the left, when using
\startalign.
Actually the location of those equation numbers is correct as far as the
horizontal distance is concerned, but it is not vertically.
In the attached PDF (which is the result of the following example) one can see
that equation number (5) is placed on the grid line 10, while it shoul dbe
placed on line 11 in alignment with the corresponding formula. Moreover
equation number (4) does not show up at all (that number should be placed a
little bit below line 9 of the grid).

I think that we need to create a test suite for math alignment. The sources for my old article on math alignment could be the initial source of examples.

Unfortunately, these days I mostly use ConTeXt for presentations only (and use LaTeX for articles). So, my own documents no longer serve as a test suite for the math features.

Aditya