Hi Pablo,

> Op 22 sep. 2016 om 20:53 heeft Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> On 09/21/2016 11:26 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
>> ···<date: 2016-09-21, Wednesday>···<from: Pablo Rodriguez>···
>>
>>> Dear list,
>>>
>>> although latest beta seems to be from 2016.09.20 21:12, I get updated to
>>> beta from 2016.09.12 18:27 when I run:
>>
>> The official download still has the 2016.09.12 timestamp:
>> http://pragma-ade.nl/download-2.htm How did you get that other
>> date? I hope the git mirror isn’t scraping the wrong page ;)
>
> Philipp,
>
> I know that there is a new beta reading the metadata from
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/qrcs/setup-en.pdf.
>
> Here is the revealing field:
>
>    Creator:        ConTeXt - 2016.09.22 10:48

True, this means there exists a new version of context somewhere. But what you
do not know is that there is a third context release state. Besides 'current'
and 'beta' there is also 'latest'.

'Latest' contains experimental and/or in development code that needs to be
shared for further testing or development. The easiest way for Hans to do that
is to upload a new version to the website, and whenever any version of context
is uploaded, the qrcs are uploaded as well.

An easier and safer way to check for a new context release is to browse through
the 'download' section of the Pragma website, which is always auto-updated in
the release process. Or just run first-setup whenever you feel like it ;)

Best wishes,
Taco