Hi,

At the last context meeting it was decided that he groups will support the upcoming stages of the tex gyre font project. The work is done by the polish font gurus and so far they have been funded by the user groups. However, this time not all groups join in, while still substantial funding is needed for this stage that will run for several years.

For a while there is already an entry for the project on:

https://www.tug.org/donate/dev.html

If you use the free math fonts you might consider donating there. After all, we depend on these fonts and there is still work to do: adding symbols to text fonts, a bold (heavy) companion for titling, a sans for titling, a monospaced math font for editing and manuals, completion, etc. The font folks have always delivered so donations will be well spent. ConTeXt has always been the first to use these fonts and I sort of assume that we will get these additions done as well, as it will make our live so much easier.