(was: MacOS system wide installation)

On 6 October 2016 at 15:31, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> On 6 Oct 2016, at 15:19, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> On 6 October 2016 at 15:13, Hans Åberg wrote:
>>> For the MacOS system wide installation [1], the command 'sudo sh
>>> ./first-setup.sh' does not have arguments for modules and engine, as for
>>> the local installation. Is that correct?
>>
>> No, it is not. "sudo sh" just means that you are running the same
>> command as root. You can/should just as well use --modules=t-tikz or
>> --modules=all
>
> I did run the latter, but still get an error [1]. The example is from [2].
>
> 1. Package tikz Error: I did not find the tikz library 'commute'. I looked
> for files named tikzlibrarycommute.code.tex and pgflibrarycommute.code.tex,
> but neither could be found in the current texmf trees.
>
> 2. https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/073368.html

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but post a link to:
    http://xkcd.com/1742/

This goes to the
    Anything that "requires only minimal configuration and tweaking"
part :)

I don't have the file tikzlibrarycommute.code.tex on my machine
either. Anywhere. Not in the ConTeXt distribution nor in TeX Live.
That file was only posted to the mailing list by Idris and apparently
nobody ever looked at it or added it anywhere.

(It usually helps to provide a minimal example or a bit more context.
Just saying that something doesn't work is a bit more difficult to
debug.)

If you want to get this work out of the box, it would be super useful
to coordinate with the original author of tikz-cd to add support for
ConTeXt. And if any other patches are needed, we should try to
coordinate with upstream TikZ authors as well. I'm not sure what to do
with "&" though. We could theoretically add that file to the ConTeXt
distribution, but we'll then end up with other people asking why it
doesn't work in TeX Live and I certainly cannot afford to do
unauthorized changes to other TikZ files without getting a formal
approval that something is broken and without at least getting some
patch scheduled for approval by TikZ developers.

So if you want to get that working temporarily, it's probably best to
follow instructions in that email. If you want to get it fixed
properly, we should convince the authors to add support upstream. I
didn't look at the file(s) yet.

Mojca

PS: I have to add that I'm recently experiencing problems syncing with
upstream TikZ sources - CVS (this has been a problem for perhaps two
months or so).