Dear list, (especially Luigi)

for online publication I need to create a PDF/A compliant output file.  Does
anyone have any experience with it and can tell me whether my setup will work?
So far I'm using

\setupbackend
  [
    format={pdf/a-2a},
    profile={default_cmyk.icc,default_rgb.icc,default_gray.icc},
  ]
\setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]

I chose PDF/A-2a because there I can have PDF 1.7 which keeps the file size
down but I can also switch to PDF/A-1a.  I have *no* external pixel graphics,
just included PDFs which are also produced by ConTeXt with the same setup.

Online I found Luigi's paper on PDF/A-1a [1].  However, even after reading I'm
unsure whether `intent` is optional or required.

Since I don't own Adobe Acrobat (nor am I using Windows) I cannot verify the
resulting output.  Does anyone know any working free or open-source tools for
GNU/Linux to do this task?

Cheers, Henri

[1] http://www.ntg.nl/maps/41/08.pdf