On 10/13/2016 11:56 AM, josephcan...@gmail.com wrote:
> Apparently this difference comes from this change in font-ots.lua near
> line 603. If I edit the file to put back the discretionary_code
> argument, the output is same with new beta.

Hi Joseph,

French hyphenation is unknown to me, but I have a different approach.

> MWE (well as close to MWE I could write, requires EBGaramond unfortunately).
>
> \language[fr]

The document main language is invoked in ConTeXt with:

    \mainlanguage[fr]

> \setupalign[hanging, lesshyphenation, hz]

I suspect that if you ask for less hyphenation, you get it.

See my sample:

    \mainlanguage[fr]
    \setupalign[lesshyphenation]
    \starttext
    \hyphenatedword{T advint qu'il y eut famine au pays/ oultre la
    premiere famine/ qui fut au temps de Abraham. Et Izahak s'en alla
    vers Abimelech Roy des Philisthins en Gerar}
    \stoptext

\hyphenatedword is your friend here. I get different results if I
comment the second line (to get normal hyphenation).

I wonder whether this might be causing the issue you’re experiencing.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk