On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 12:33:49PM +0200, Saša Janiška wrote:
> Russell Urquhart <russurquha...@verizon.net> writes:
> I do not (atm) have need for complex tables. Moreover, I’ve learnt that
> atm. Asciidoc is not supported input format for creating presentations
> with Pandoc…

While Pandoc does NOT input asciidoc, i use Asciidoc FX, as a previewer, and it
also exports out to html, pdf, and i think you can get it to export to DocBook.

With DocBook, or html, you could take those into Pandoc and out to whatever you
want. Kind of an extra step. But as i use Asciidoc FX all the time anyway, not
that big of an extra step.

> …which practically means that I can just use markdown for my ligth
> writing (web stuff, small online articles etc.) and use ConTeXt for
> everything else where quality is required.

Yes, or, as i said above, use Asciidoc and Asciidoc FX, and then convert that
to html, and then take that to Pandoc.

> Otoh, learning ConTeXt is going to be useful not only for presentations,
> but only for real book project which might arrive in the future…

IMO, if you are debating on learning Context, i think that would be a good use
of your time.