"Thomas A. Schmitz" írta:
>On 10/17/2016 07:31 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
>> Do you mean it's better to use e.g. {\bf some text} then \bf{some text}?
>
>The latter is not valid syntax. You want to read the wiki section on
>font switching: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Font_Switching

Thanks. I mixed it up with the mnemonic font switching commands.
I guess I thought that these (\bf \it etc) can be used similarly to \bold etc.

[....]

>> then I have Smaller1 in (x) size and Smaller2 in default size. Why?
>> I would expect Smaller2 to be in (x) size too (as the manual implies).
>>
>I'm not sure where you found the sentence you copied in your first mail.
>My copy of contextref.pdf says p. 107:

The sentence I cited is on the same page (107/109), the top line.

> "The various commands will adapt
>themselves to the actual setup of font and size." Which is exactly what
>you see.

In my understanding this only means that if the current font is bold then an
\it changes the font to bold italic and not normal italic, and if the size is
for example (c) it will keep it and won't change back to normal size. It doesn't
mean that if you have size (b) and use a \tfa the size becomes a magnified
(b) (that is, (c).) According to my understanding using a \tfb should result
a (b) size font independently the currently used size according to the manual.
My question was why \tfx works differently than \tfa. I guess they answered this
in the meantime.

Thanks,

bcsikos