On 11/13/2016 2:56 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
Here is something I do not understand. Possibly I am doing something wrong.

The following code is fine, within <<>> the current contextversion is printed.
  \def\mymacro{\directlua{tex.print("\\contextversion")}}
  \starttext
   calling mymacro <<\mymacro>>\par
  \stoptext

However calling \mymacro from inside \startxmlsetup .. \stopxmlsetup does not work and
results in <<\contextversion>>. I guess that the catcode regime in that
environment is to blame.
But how do I change that in order to get things working? I looked into the
LuaTeX-manual where catcodes in relation to tex.print are treated, but in vain
and could not find how to.

What do I have to change?
\starttexcode
\stoptexcode