On 11/18/2016 9:03 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
Hi Hans,

After having updated my installation of ConTeXt, I noticed the presence of a
spurious « ß » character at the top of every document, or sometimes in the
footer, or in the header.
Also in the example below the text is typeset with bold italic, even though
there is no request for it.

Here is a minimal example:
%%%% begin bug-beta.tex
\definefallbackfamily[mainface][serif][palatino]
\definefontfamily[mainface][sans][palatino]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext

Why is there a « ß » LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S  above?

Why is the text in bold italic?

\stoptext
%%%% end bug-beta.tex

fixed