"Thomas A. Schmitz" írta:
>On 02/04/2017 10:41 PM, Csikos Bela wrote:
>> Dear context users:
>>
>> I have troubles using \setupitemgroup. I tried to use it based on the
>> contextgarden wiki page
>> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupitemgroup),
>>  description, but either my understanding how to use it is not correct or the
>> command doesn't behave as described on the wiki page.
>>
>> In the following example I want the items to be in a numbered, packed list,
>> where the
>> item numbers are followed by ), like 1) 2) etc. If I don't add stopper=)
>> option, I get
>> a numbered list, but it's not packed. If I add stopper=), the list becomes
>> an unnumbered
>> list, but packed. I use context standalone ConTeXt  ver: 2016.09.24 12:40
>> MKIV beta.
>> I attach the resulted pdfs.
>>
>> What do I do wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> bcsikos
>>

>> example code:

Dear Thomas:

Thank you very  much for your fast response.

>Most importantly: do not mix keywords and assignments. There are dozens
>of messages on the list with your exact problem; maybe we need some sort
>of very explicit, scary warning on the wiki. So
>
>\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][packed,joinedup][n,stopper=)]
>
>should be
>
>\setupitemgroup[itemize][each][packed,joinedup,n][stopper=)]

Thanks, I see. Unfortunately the wiki page doesn't mention n among the
keywords, and there is one n on the list of the assignments (without
mentioning its function). This might have caused me mixing it up.

>Then a couple of smaller things: bonus points for providing an example,
>but please remove stuff that has nothing to do with your question. For
>your private names, use uppercase or mixed-case so you don't clash with
>system macros, so please do not define an itemgroup "itemize," but
>"Itemize," or better still give it a more expressive name.

I haven't intended to define my own itemize command. I wanted to change
the default settings of \startitemize.  Is this not the proper way to redefine
\startitemize default options? (I wanted to use \setupitemize but
the wiki site directs to \setupitemgroup page.)  The wiki page says that
"\setupitemgroup[.1.][.2.][.3.][.4.]
1: name of the itemgroup to change (e.g. itemize for \startitemize)".
And if I wanted to setup my own itemize command, should not I define it
first using \defineitemgroup?

> And lastly: I
>couldn't test with the old standalone you use.
>
>Hope that helps.

Yes, practically you solved my problem.

Thanks again,

bcsikos