On 02/16/2017 07:51 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> hi,
> in a pristine standalone context (installed yesterday) under ubuntu I see
> a seemingly consistent crash of luatex if the document contains footnotes
> [...]
> while without the footnote it does compile just fine (the same happens in
> more complicated documents: crashes until last footnote is removed, then
> it compiles...). I am not an experienced context user, but don't see that
> I could have done much wrong in installing context in the first place
> (notably, the search path seems correct). any idea what's going on here?

Weird, I can compile your sample in Linux32.

How about copying and pasting the following in your shell?

cd && mkdir temp-ctx-install && cd temp-ctx-install &&\
rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh . &&\
./first-setup.sh --modules=all && cd &&\
source temp-ctx-install/tex/setuptex && mtxrunjit --generate\
&& echo "\starttext a\footnote{b}\stoptext" \
> test-ctx-temp.mkiv && contextjit --purgeall test-ctx-temp.mkiv

It will download a temporary standalone and compile your document.

Let us know whether this work,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk