I have a few questions about the new bibliography system. The following example code illustrates the problems.

   \startbuffer[TestBib]
   @OTHER{Author1975a,
      author = {An Author},
      title = {A title},
      year = {1975},
   }
   @OTHER{Author1975b,
      author = {Author, An},
      title = {Another title},
      year = {1975},
   }
   @OTHER{Else1975a,
      author = {Somebody Else},
      title = {A third title},
      year = {1975},
   }
   @OTHER{Else1975b,
      author = {Somebody Else},
      title = {A last title},
      year = {1975},
   }

   @FILM{Movie,
      producer     = {Normal Name},
      director     = {Funny Name},
      title        = {Who Knew?},
      year         = {2010},
      publisher    = {Producer},
      address      = {Hollywood}
   }

   @INBOOK{Subtitle,
      author       = {Sally Subtitle-Spacing},
      title        = {Another Country},
      year         = {1958},
      publisher    = {Publisher},
      address      = {City},
      volume       = {16},
      booktitle    = {On the road},
      booksubtitle = {Books and essays written while traveling under
   cover},
   }

   \stopbuffer
     \loadbtxdefinitionfile[apa]
     \usebtxdefinitions    [apa]
     \usebtxdataset        [TestBib.buffer]
     \definebtxrendering   [Pubs][apa]

   \starttext

   \nocite[*]

   \placelistofpublications[Pubs]

   \stoptext

How can I get “An Author” treated like “Author, An” as in the OTHER examples? The result should like like that of “Somebody Else”. Bibtex databases have both forms and it would be nice if the work was done by ConTeXt automatically.

The manual suggests that fields like director (see the FILM example) can be induced to be treated as author/editor names by sufficiently advanced users. Would such a user please share the method?

In the INBOOK example, can we get a BOOKSUBTITLE field to complement the BOOKTITLE? My real bibliography has some very long titles, and I would rather have only the main part appear with \cite[booktitle][entry], yet have the title with subtitle in the bibliography.

Also in the INBOOK example, I notice that the spacing after “Vol.” is a sentence space, and it should not be. The spacing after abbreviations in the bibliography should not depend on setting frenchspacing.

--
Rik