Am Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:55:08 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> it's not a ligature but a multiple
>
> fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature
>    {
>      name    = "decompose",
>      type    = "multiple",
>      nocheck = true, -- new trick

I updated my context version and changed my luaotfload.conf so that
it uses the context fontloader. Then the following plain tex
document (and a similar latex document) works and gives the wanted
output.

BUT: If I uncomment the AU+0323 then I get a fatal error:

texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmroman10-regular.luc)table={
 [7684]={ 66, 803 },
}

! error:  (linebreak): invalid list tail, probably missing glue
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!Drücken Sie
eine beliebige Taste . . .

(that's from the terminal output, the log doesn't show the
"table=..." part).

This "invalid list tail" is popping up now an then. Philip even
found a version were context crashed:
https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/388

\input luaotfload.sty

\directlua
{
  fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature
  {
    name = "compose",
    type = "ligature",
    data =
        {
          ["Ạ"]={ "A", "̣" },
        },
  }
}
\directlua{
fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature
   {
     name    = "decompose",
     type    = "multiple",
     nocheck = true,
     data    =
         {
           ["Ḅ"] = { "B", "̣" },
         },
   }
}
%\begin{document}
\font\test={file:lmroman10-regular.otf:mode=node;+decompose;+compose;}

\test

Ḅ Ạ % Ạ  %uncomment this to get a fatal error.

\bye

With the standard fontloader of luaotfload there is no error but the
output is not correct.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/