On 3/27/2017 9:49 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 03/27/2017 09:29 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 3/27/2017 8:00 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Sorry, I was trying to understand why width has no default value in
margin data.

because there was no need, as it anchors at the side of the text

Sorry again, but I must be missing something extremely basic.

One of the results of no value for width in margin data is a tricky
approach to its alignment.

But since I seem to be the only one interested in aligning margin data,
I guess this is perfectly fine.

Margindata is a general thing, it can be any margin or edge when you define an instance so you don't know what width is meant. Of course you can have a parent with some width. Also, margindata can be stacked next to another one which again can mean a different width. Having no width set is better than having the wrong one set.