On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Mathias Schickel
<m...@fa.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> 2) The math font looks strange (or should I say different) in the
>> ConTeXt example. (Wrong size, scaled?)
>
> Yeah, this seems to be a bug in the current version. I have observed that,
> too. Hans did recently add (due to my suggestion, so thanks again, Hans, even
> if this seems to have caused some trouble) support for optical sizes in
> fallbacks and I suppose the bug has been introduced there. So at present the
> bug occurs that ConTeXt uses the smallest optical size for every symbol
> (independent of the size). This results in strange looking mathematics. Maybe
> you can fix this, Hans?
>
> -Mathias
>

>> Am 11.05.2017 um 18:51 schrieb Mikael P. Sundqvist <mic...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I posted this question on stack exchange
>> (https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/369226/52406), and got the suggestion
>> that it might be a bug, and therefore I post it here as well:
>>
>> I have a problem with typesetting derivatives (and latin modern) in
>> ConTeXt in latest standalone.
>>
>> Minimal example:
>>
>> \starttext
>> Compare $u_p''$ and $u''_p$ with $u''$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Please see the attached image for the output (here I have also
>> included the corresponding output, compiling a similar simple document
>> in LaTeX, where things look as I expect.)
>>
>> Basically, I have two questions:
>>
>> 1) How should I write derivatives (say second derivatives) in ConTeXt?
>> I think that the primes are too far away from each other. In
>> particular when the subscript $p$ is there (the first formula).
>>
>> 2) The math font looks strange (or should I say different) in the
>> ConTeXt example. (Wrong size, scaled?)
>>
>> For a while I thought that the second problem might be because I
>> define no font. But the following example gives a similar result.
>>
>> \definefontfamily[myface][rm][Latin Modern Roman]
>> \definefontfamily[myface][mm][Latin Modern Math]
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[myface]
>>
>> \starttext
>> Compare $u_p''$ and $u''_p$ with $u''$
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> /Mikael
>> <latin-modern.png>___________________________________________________________________________________
>> the Wiki!
>>
>> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
>> webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
>> archive  : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
>> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

Thank you Mathias for your answer! That is most likely the problem!
Then we can only wait for Hans to put a new beta out. Hans, will that
happen soon?

Also, Hans, what is the official ConTeXt-way to write u with double
prime and subscript p, as in the example? Should both $u_p''$ and
$u''_p$ work?

Best regards, Mikael