On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 02:09:48 -0600, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 6/7/2017 7:02 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 06/06/2017 10:56 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
[...]
Would it be any way to make ConTeXt report that \linenote{ hasn’t been
closed?

Just check your file before running it:

mtxrun --autogenerate --script check test.tex

Running this on your example gives

2 grouping error \starttext <cr> <lf> This is \linenote{abed intended.
 Dear Idris,
 many thanks for the advice.
I’m afraid that it doesn’t report errors in files loaded with the \input
command
      %%% contents of file a.tex:
     \starttext
     This is \linenote{error intended
     \stoptext
      %%% contents of file b.tex:
     \starttext
     This only loads a file.
      \input a.tex
     \stoptext
 If I runt "mtxrunjit --autogenerate --script check b.tex", I get the
following message:
      no error
 Is there no way to check also the files loaded by the main source?
i just run that command from the editor (configured under a key) so i can use it when editing a file

Same here.

(but i have to admit that i normally just run files and redo after fixing an error, running is fast enough)

Again, same here.

Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor