Dear list,

in my document I have several kinds of footnotes including footnotes in
paragraph form. In some cases I need to annotate these. The annotation
should to appear in the outer margin of the page and in line with the
annotated footnote.

I tried a few different approaches, but none yields exactly the result I
want to obtain:

1. I defined a seperate footnote type for the annotations according to
the wiki, but the annotations are centered in the margin and not in line
with the footnote(s) they refer to.

2. As suggested on the mailinglist some time ago, I tested

\myCustomFootnote{Text.\margintext[scope=local]{Annotation.}}

but since I have \definenote[myCustomNote][paragraph=yes], no text in
the margin is displayed unless I delete this parameter (which
unfortunately is no option for my document layout).

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Michelle