Hi,

Perhaps this?:

\starttext
\placeinitial
Knuth writes:
\hfill\break
\input knuth
\stoptext

There may be a more ConTeXt-idiomatic way, in which case someone else will
probably say.  Note that structurally the above combines "Knuth writes:" and
the first text segment (up to the first blank line or \par) of knuth.tex into a
single paragraph with some glue and a break between them.  You would lose any
paragraph-formatting of the first segment of knuth.tex.  If there is any, you
might have to do that by hand.

If you wanted to have the Knuth quote begin below the initial K, then someone
else will have to answer.  I don't know off hand.

Cheers,

Michael

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 10:05 PM, Martin Oppegaard <martin.oppega...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> When placing an initial and the paragraph is short, the initial is laid over
> the next paragraph. Example:
>
> \starttext
> \placeinitial
> Knuth writes: