Hello,
** Aditya Mahajan [2017-08-02 17:46:53 -0400]:

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2017, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 15:15:59 -0600, Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>  Not sure if it helps, but this is worth a try (note the force key):
>>>
>>>  mtxrun --script fonts --reload --force
>>
>> Hmm, now I get
>>
>> mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 1 files: cambria.ttc
>>
>> and the pdf file is correct. Thanks, Aditya! (Although I still don't
>> understand why there was a problem to begin with!)
>
> I occasionally experience a similar issue (after an update wrong fontface is
> used, especially with math fonts) and reloading the fonts database with
> --force always fixes the issue for me. So, I have never bothered to
> investigate why the issue comes up in the first place.
>
> Aditya

Thanks for hint Aditya.

Idris, if you use Windows 10 then may be your OS has been updated (some
time ago one of host I has access with Windows 10 has been upgraded to
ver. Windows 10 1703) and then you have updated fonts, including
Cambria. AFAIU font cache tracks somehow font version, so in case fonts
update one has to update font cache.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
<netgod> Feanor: u have no idea of the depth of the stupidty of american law