Hi Pablo,

Dealing with the sample you has given to Mikael I find a difficulty on page 2 :
if you replace 'Foo' and 'Bar' (three letters), by 'Introduction' and
'section', see what happen to 'section', page 2.

Here is your MWE :

 \showframe

    \definemargindata[margintext:chapter]
        [margintext]
        [width=\rightmarginwidth, location=outer, align=flushleft]

    \defineheadalternative
        [margintext:chapter]
        [margintext]
        [margintext=margintext:chapter]

    \definemargindata[margintext:section]
        [margintext]
        [width=\leftmarginwidth, location=inner]

    \defineheadalternative
        [margintext:section]
        [margintext]
        [margintext=margintext:section]

    \setuphead[chapter]
        [alternative=margintext:chapter, style=\tf, number=no]
    \setuphead[section]
        [alternative=margintext, style=\tf, number=no]

    \starttext

    \chapter{Introduction}
    \dorecurse{15}{\section{Section}\input ward\par}

    \stoptext