Hi again Marcello,

I was somehow busy and forgot that I made a promise to give you a better answer
than I did about bilingual texts on two columns. If you need only to print some
simple texts on two columns, there is no major issues. Problems occur when you
want to print two texts in different languages, with a complex criticus
apparatus.

But I've forgotten that (when I first began to work with ConTeXt, under the
Pablo Rodriguez's eye), I was looking for a mechanism which allow to print
greek/latin original text on the left column with a translation within the
right column and a few series of footnotes in the footer. Notes dealing with
the original text and different notes for the translation, given that if the
original text was on the even page (left), a commentary might be print on the
right page. The situation is clear : an even page with original language and
translation (on two separate columns), and criticus apparatus in  the footer;
an odd page which contains some material like a commentary. It is without
saying that the translation has to follow the original text line by line, not
in a strictly way, but almost, when the odd page may be much more flexible. I
know there are some technical ways under LaTeX (Maieul Rouquette made some work
on that), and with non-free software but I had forgotten that Wolfgang made a
simple proposal with the Stream mechanism. I have to work on that, but I am
currently working on other jobs.