On 8/6/2017 11:37 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Dear list,

I have the following definition:

     \startxmlsetups xml:image:sidebyside
         \blank\startalign[center]
             \dontleavehmode
             \externalfigure[\xmlattribute{#1}{./p/img}{src}]
                 [width=.5\textwidth]
             %~ \xmlconcat{#1}{./p/img}{ }
         \stopalign\blank
     \stopxmlsetups

How can I define the external figure so I concatenate the image file
names in the code above?

I mean, \xmlconcat is great, but I don’t see how I could make it work to
get values from the src attribute.
why do you want to pass multiple names to \externalfigure