On 08/09/2017 07:50 PM, Mathias Schickel wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> it seems that the after key of the \setupcombinations-command is
broken. I am not able to get zero space between the cells. I have
attached a minimal example. Changing the after command does not have any
effect at all.

Matthias,

inbetween is the key, after is relative to the combination, not to the
individual frames (or combined elements).

BTW, A4 is the default. No need to set it up.

In this sense, I think there is no need to set width and height in the
layout. Unless I miss something, the paper size sets both dimensions.

    \setuplayout
      [backspace=0pt,
        topspace=0pt,
           width=middle,
          height=middle,
        location=middle,
          header=0pt,
          footer=0pt]
    \setupcombinations[distance=0mm, inbetween=]
    \starttext
    \startcombination[2*2]%
    {{\framed[width=.5\textwidth,
            height=.5\textheight]{1}}}