On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 20:31:23 -0400
Rik Kabel <cont...@rik.users.panix.com> wrote:

> MKIV Publications
> <http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mkiv-publications.pdf>,
> page 46, states:
>
>     If interaction is active (\setupinteraction[state=start]), then
>     these page numbers will be hyperlinks back to the citations. If
>     numbering=yes, then the numbered bibliography entries will also
>     contain hyperlinks back to the first occurrence in the text where
>     the entry is cited (which is the same as the first page indexed).
>
> However, that does not seem to be the case, either in my own
> documents or in that manual, which clearly has interaction enabled
> for other items.
>
> Is the manual incorrect, or is this a bug?

Hans has worked on the interaction, so you should use
\setupbtx[interaction=number]
other choices are page, text, or all.

But there can be other interaction, depending on the specification.
APA and APS will create hyperlinks for url or doi. The title can also
be active, opening a file if this field is specified.

We are updating the manual.

Alan