On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, Hans Hagen wrote:

On 8/29/2017 9:02 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 08/29/2017 07:25 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 8/29/2017 4:43 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
[...]
I thought the lines key should display multiple lines when they are in
the code.

How should I got the multiple lines in the sample above?
empty lines are always collapsed

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

In that case, what enables [lines=yes] in \setuptyping?
linebreaks

There is only a subtle difference between the two:

\setuppapersize[A6]
\showframe

\starttext
\starttyping[lines=no]
Here is some text with very very long line that goes on
\stoptyping

\starttyping[lines=yes]
Here is some text with very very long line that goes on
\stoptyping

\stoptext

Aditya