> This is what I did:
>
> sh ./first-setup.sh --context=2016.1.4 --all
> . ~/Context/tex/setuptex
> Setting "/home/rmason/Context/tex" as ConTeXt root.
>
> cd to the directory containing my document, then
>
> context document.tex
>
> resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
> resolvers       | globbing | confusing filename, name: 'README.txt', lower:
> 'readme.txt', already: 'ReadMe.txt'
> mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Dear Roger Mason,

I also had a similar problem recently after installing texlive 2017.
But it is resolved now by doing the following  according to the suggestions:

run mtxrun —generate and luatools —generate

May be, “ luatools —generate" is OK.
I am using TeXshop in OS X. So I am not sure this works in Linux system.
I hope that it may help.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Dalyoung