Martin Althoff wrote:

Hello, I am trying to vertically align images within a bTABLE/Natural Table cell.

The result should be 4 cards on an A4 page with a simple maths exercise and a small image that illustrates the exercise. The image should be horizontally and vertically centered within the space after the text. Exercise text and image size vary somewhat, so a fixed placement is not possible.

I have tried \vfill, but it seems to have no effect in a Natural Table. Similarly, \placefigure has not worked for me.

As basic layout I am using a Natural Table (4 x 4 cells per page, 12 pages), maybe not the best solution. Alternative suggestions are most welcome.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Martin

\starttext
\setupTABLE[frame=on,offset=2mm]
\setupTABLE[c][1,2][width=.5\textwidth]
\setupTABLE[r][1,2][height=.5\textheight]

\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD
7·3 apples are on a tree. Anne picks 4·3 apples.
\blank[.5em]
How many apples remain on the tree?

\framed[align={low,middle},location=lohi,width=local]{\externalfigure[apple]}
\eTD
\eTABLE
\stoptext

Hello Martin,

I am guessing at directing you away from bTABLE. Maybe imposition will help (along with the module fullpage to keep it simpler.)

\setuppagenumbering[state=stop]
\usemodule[fullpage][style={margin,empty},margin=1.4cm]
\useMPlibrary[dum]

\setuppapersize[A6][A4]
\setuppaper[nx=2,ny=2]
\setuplayout[page][location=middle]
\setuparranging [XY]

\showframe
\starttext

73 apples are on a tree.\\
Anne picks 43 apples.
\blank
How many apples remain on the tree?
\placefigure[bottom,none]{}{\externalfigure[A]}
\page

\input ward
\placefigure[bottom,none]{}{\externalfigure[B]}
\page

\input thuan
\placefigure[bottom,none]{}{\externalfigure[C]}
\page

Jack and Jill went up the hill with the Duke of York.
\placefigure[bottom,none]{}{\externalfigure[D]}