With the latest betas, I see that with the TeXShop Engine

#!/bin/tcsh

# Before using this engine, you must run the following command once in
Terminal: luatools --generate

set path= ($path /usr/texbin
/Users/bowen1/Dropbox/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin)
mtxrun --script context --autogenerate --file-line-error "$1”

and
\setupsynctex[state=start, method=max]
in the source file, the requisite *filename*.synctex auxiliary file is
produced on processing.

But I am still not getting any linkage between the source file and the
preview file, that is, clicking on one does not have any effect on the
other. Is there something else that I need?

I am running ConTeXt  ver: 2017.11.15 with macOS 10.13.1.

Alan