Hi Hraban,

The type of users that I would like to target, will be those writting documents of more than 10 - 12 pages. Typically students or professional that are used to write reports with Word but would be interested to use a more productive editor, but not ready to move too far away from WYSIWYG.

For me, being able to work offline is almost a must have. Having an online mode could enable some interesting features, such as collaborative editing, but if the application is internet dependant and you have a problem with your internet connection, then you cannot do the very basics you would expect from a document editor.

From my understanding, Atom is a modified version of Chrome that behaves like an offline editor, so that's an option that I would like to consider.

Actually I am working for a web development company, I will submit the idea, as it could well be that there are other use cases, that I am not aware of, where such an editor as a web application could make sense. But still, a standalone application makes sense to me for the use cases I am considering.

Cheers,
Jonas