On 2017-12-06, at 00:01, Jan Tosovsky <j.tosov...@email.cz> wrote:

> On 2017-12-02 Jonas Baggett wrote:
>>
>> This is a blog post I recently published:
>> https://jonas17b.wixsite.com/monsite/home/wysiwym-editor-on-top-of-
>> context-lout.
>> It is about some ideas I have for a WYSIWYM editor like LyX, but it
>> would be designed for using more than 1 backend (e.g. ConTeXt, Lout),
>> and to give a much better user experience.
>
> Visual editing of complex structures is hard to implement. For XML based
> publishing there is just single serious tool!
> https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_author/docbook_editor_structured_editing.html

Strange nobody mentioned Org-mode!

Also, this:
https://emacs.cafe/emacs/guest-post/2017/06/26/hierarchy.html (works
with JSON OOTB, but most probably could be used to edit XML).

> Desktop is IMHO declining so I'd personally prefer a web app, which could be
> then packed even for desktop via https://electronjs.org/

Desktop declining???  That's terrifying, since 99% of web apps suck a lot!

> For visual editing an advanced rich text editor is a must. This one is really
> promising https://github.com/ianstormtaylor/slate as it can read/write custom
> scheme. Btw, it is used in https://github.com/GitbookIO/gitbook project.
> Mentioning Gitbook, it could also be a source of inspiration.

Again, Emacs (perhaps with Org-mode).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski