On 12/20/2017 6:40 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017, Hans Hagen wrote:
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] Stray blank page with part
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 11:50:11 +0100
From: Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>
To: Henri <henrime...@gmail.com>

On 12/19/2017 9:15 PM, Henri wrote:
 Dear list,

 Motivated by
 https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/406892
 I wanted to disable page breaks for parts.  This works on all pages,
 except the first page of a
 document.  Why?  MWE is below as always.  Reproducible with TL 2017 and
 latest beta.

 Cheers, Henri

 \setuphead
    [part]
    [page=no]

 \starttext

 \startpart[title=Part One]
    \startchapter[title=Chapter One]
    \stopchapter
    \startchapter[title=Chapter Two]
    \stopchapter
 \stoppart
   \startpart[title=Part Two]
    \startchapter[title=Chapter One]
    \stopchapter
    \startchapter[title=Chapter Two]
    \stopchapter
 \stoppart

 \stoptext
this relates to the fatc that there has to be some node on the page that registers the part information and as chapter flushes a page that one ends up on a page then

%  solution 1:

\setuphead
  [part]
  [page=no,
   placehead=hidden]

\setuptexttexts
  [\synchronizehead{part}]

%  solution 2:

\setuphead
  [part]
  [page=no,
   placehead=hidden]

\appendtoks
   \synchronizehead{part}%
\to \everybeforepagebody

%  solution 3 (new in beta):

\setuphead
  [part]
  [placehead=section]

This will delay the flush till the next section head gets place. It's still not 100% predictable but it might work out ok in most cases.

Another option, that I posted on Tex.se is:

\setuphead[chapter][continue=no]

So that the page is not flushed by \startchapter immediate after a \startpart.
there is still a (potentially) interfering node then (which can then be seen from the chapter line starting lower)