Hi Tim,

Welcome back to ConTeXt!
When one defines a command, in particular when using the brackets […], it is
wise to put a percent sign at the end of the line if one changes the line on
which the macro is defined.
In your case, saying

\definemacro\see[#1:#2]%
        {\dosee{#1}{#2}}

suppresses the problem you are reporting (at least here on my machine running
MacOS 10.13.3 and the latest beta as yours).

Best regards: OK