Thanks Wolfgang, that’s a clear and easy explanation!

Cheers,
Tim
Op za 10 feb. 2018 om 13:46 schreef Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfg...@gmail.com>

> Tim Steenvoorden <tim.steenvoor...@gmail.com>
> 10. Februar 2018 um 12:44
>
> Thanks Otared! Works like a charm!
>
> Out of curiosity, could you explain the mechanics behind this? I know it
> is a commonly used trick in TeX macro definitions, but I don’t know how it
> changes TeX’s understanding of the tokes it parses.
>

> When you create a new commands like this
>
>     \def\mycommand[#1]{...}
>
> the brackets are delimiters for the argument of the command, i.e. when TeX
> sees
> \mycommand it looks for [ and grabs everything intill ] as as argument.
> When you
> out now a space (or start a new line) after ] in your definition of the
> command, e.g.
>
>     \def\mycommand[#1] {...}
>
> TeX looks now for “] ” (right bracket followed by a space) as delimiter for
> the argument of your command.
>

> Wolfgang

----
T.J. Steenvoorden, MSc

PhD Candidate | Radboud University Nijmegen
Faculty of Science | Department of Software Science
Mercator 1 Building | Room 01.08
Toernooiveld 212 | 6525 EC | Nijmegen | The Netherlands
+31 24 365 22 91 | t.steenvoor...@cs.ru.nl