Hi all,

In a project using the \setvariables command of ConTeXt, a file containing more
than 200 instances of a structure resembling (but with much more fields…)

        \setvariables[talk]
                [speaker={Dr Some Speaker},
                title={Some title},
                room={Some Room},
                ]

is input several times, in order to extract from these variables one or more
informations to be typeset, for different types of documents. However I don’t
know whether this is a wise solution, or is it better to define once and for
all a buffer and then use the \getbuffer command for each of the different uses
in my global document.

For now, unfortunately, I cannot come up with a minimal example because the
question I am asking is about a real situation where nothing is minimal. That
is why I am asking a general abstract question to understand the general
philosophy underlining the buffer commands versus the \input command.

Thanks in advance for any hint: OK