Brian Hunt <mailto:brianmh...@gmail.com>
18. Februar 2018 um 13:48
Hi all,

I reported a curiosity on tex.stackexchange.com <http://tex.stackexchange.com> and a user noted that it appears to be a bug / regression that should be reported as the issue occurs in the latest beta (2018.02.14 22:56) but not TL2017 (2017.05.15 21:48). You can see the details here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/415332

I trust there is adequate detail there to reproduce but please advise if more information could assist.

Best,
Brian
--

/from the personal account of:/

*Brian M Hunt *<brianmh...@gmail.com <mailto:brianmh...@gmail.com>>
Direct: +1-289-684-4677
LinkedIn:https://linkedin.com/in/brianmhunt

/This e-mail may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. Except as per this notice no waiver of any kind is intended by sending this e-mail, and this email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or the subscribers of a forwarding service the email is sent directly to and to which service you are an authorized recipient. Use, dissemination or copying without authorization is prohibited. Please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail if you have received this email in error./

19. Februar 2018 um 20:33
I can’t provide a fix but I was able to create a minimal example which shows
the "disable" option for \blank produces the unwanted space.

\setuplayout
  [backspace=2in,
   width=middle]

\setupindenting [yes,medium]
\setupwhitespace[line]

\starttext

\noindent\inmargin{Ward}%
\directcheckedvspacing{disable}%
\input ward

\stoptext

Wolfgang

Hans Hagen <mailto:pra...@wxs.nl>
19. Februar 2018 um 21:09
I can’t provide a fix but I was able to create a minimal example which shows
the "disable" option for \blank produces the unwanted space.

\setuplayout
   [backspace=2in,
    width=middle]

\setupindenting [yes,medium]
\setupwhitespace[line]

\starttext

\noindent\inmargin{Ward}%
\directcheckedvspacing{disable}%
\input ward

\stoptext

Wolfgang

\noindentation doesn't have the side effects of \noindent

This is a shortened version of the original question with a section title
in the margin (\setuphead[...][alternative=margintext]) where \noindent
is part of the code (strc-ren.mkiv).

Wolfgang