On 02/24/2018 07:50 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/24/2018 11:31 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> This is extremely useful to help the user to print only the required
>> pages and not the whole document (which may be required only for viewing
>> purposes).
>
> well, 'extremely' is a bit of a exaggeration i guess as most of these
> fancy acrobat only features are hardly used or requested (i still have
> to meet a publisher who wants anything fancy pdf anyway) so we're
> talking of yet another feature creep that probably only one person will use

Many thanks for your implementation, Hans.

I agree it is not a general-purpose feature, but it is very useful when
needed.

The printing features (duplex and others) that I request are extremely
useful for my workmates and in copyshops. With them, I don’t have to
explain them how the PDF documents should be printed.

I would love to have them in the webapps I have at work, but
unfortunately they don’t contain them.

> anyway, that said, as we use abstraction and as we don't know pages in
> advance the only way i'm willing to support it is by using the (probably
> unknown) marked pages feature

Just to understand, why is it required that pages are known in advance?
Is it only a question of convenience for the user or does ConTeXt

As for the marked pages feature, it should read for me "(totally
unknown)" instead of "(probably unknown)".

> % \markpage[foo][1,4,5]

From what I read in i-context.pdf, I wonder whether it would be possible
to add page ranges with [10:90].

I don’t have a way of testing it, since I don’t know how to use
\markpage for other purposes.

> and guess who is going to document it on the wiki ...

Already documented:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF_Print_Options#Print_Page_Range.

I agree it might need some editing, but after testing the feature ;-).

Many thanks for the implementation again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk