On 3/22/2018 10:34 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Tue, 20 Mar 2018 08:42:08 +0100 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:

I’ve one annoying problem with ConTeXt: all üs (small u umlauts)
seem to be encoded as decomposed unicode or something like that,
at least every ü breaks into u + garbage if I copy some text from
a ConTeXt PDF to an app that doesn’t really support Unicode.

This can depend on the font. I just looked for another question at
cambria and it e.g. uses char + accent for some of the Umlauts. So
concrete code is needed to test this.
btw, the same is true for ligature building (but i already explained that many times so i won't repeat myself)