On 3/24/2018 11:59 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to use my minimal installation on arch linux this morning and received this error:

Binaries for platform 'linuxmusl-64' are missing.
(There is no folder "/mnt/shared/context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin")
provide a proper tex root (like '. setuptex /something/tex')

Looking into setuptex, I see indeed a test for "libc=musl" or "libc=glibc," so it appears that we now have two sets of binaries for linux-64? Is this supposed to be a long-term thing or just in the preparation for texlive 2018? (I share my minimal directory between several linux installations, so I assume I would need both sets?)
i have no clue what drives this but i suppose than a specific linux only has one of these two libs

(no sign of musl in my scripts here)