On 24 March 2018 at 13:30, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 03/24/2018 12:14 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> hm, what does
>> command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1
>> say ?
>
> ldd (GNU libc) 2.26
> Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

So you don't have musl.

This means that we have a bug in first-setup.sh and setuptex then. I'm sorry.

>> it's a "long term", ie until  it's in texlive .
>> If not in texlive, it can be dropped, but not necessarily.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand, this sounds contradictory to me.

Well, we just dropped i386-darwin and powerpc-darwin from the
minimals, we dropped powerpc-linux some time before that which shows
that there's no super strong promise to keep the binaries there
forever (oh, and we also had i386-linuxmusl for a couple of days which
I deleted a few days after adding it because Karl removed it from TeX
Live). Whether that's considered "long term" is left as an exercise to
the reader. If getting the binaries gets difficult and there are no
users requiring support, the binaries will go.

> On 03/24/2018 12:15 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> i have no clue what drives this but i suppose than a specific linux only
>> has one of these two libs
>>
>> (no sign of musl in my scripts here)
>
> I see this tex/setuptex:
>
>                 if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q
> ^musl
>                 then
>                         libc=musl
>                 else
>                         libc=glibc
>                 fi
>
>> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>>
>> it looks like that one has changed
>

> Even with the new first-setup.sh: when I run it, there are no new binaries
> in context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin, so for the time being, context
> minimals are broken on arch linux (and its derivatives, I guess).

I was aware that until Hans implements support in mtxrun the first
installation on musl would be broken (I never liked this strange
dependency with mtxrun trying to guess the platform). But that should
not happen on a libc system, that's a bug.

Mojca