On 3/24/2018 1:32 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On 24 March 2018 at 11:59, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to use my minimal installation on arch linux this morning and
received this error:

Binaries for platform 'linuxmusl-64' are missing.
(There is no folder "/mnt/shared/context/tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin")
provide a proper tex root (like '. setuptex /something/tex')

Looking into setuptex, I see indeed a test for "libc=musl" or "libc=glibc,"
so it appears that we now have two sets of binaries for linux-64? Is this
supposed to be a long-term thing or just in the preparation for texlive
2018? (I share my minimal directory between several linux installations, so
I assume I would need both sets?)

The binaries were requested (and provided) by Henri Menke:
    https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/090611.html

 From what I understood (maybe I misunderstood) the regular linux
binaries would not even work on machines with musl, but maybe you have
both libc and musl installed?

It was not meant to be a short-term thing (unless/until we figure out
that there are too many problems with it and nobody uses it), but it
was probably never even tested properly and Hans did not yet implement
support in mtxrun, so maybe installing out-of-the-box would not yet
work, I don't have a machine to test it.

All the required binaries should be there though.
yes but setuptex, first-setup and mtx-update need to be in sync .. i adapted what i have and it will be in the next beta but i cannot test it as i have no such linux